TABI occasionally runs an online course on our discussion forum. Exercises are given weekly and these demand a large amount of self discipline and self study, along with continuous support from our tutors who provide feedback on your work. The aim is to guide and support you, whilst at the same time allowing you to explore and develop your own style and personal approach to reading the Tarot. The course is meant for beginners, but it can also be useful as a refresher course. However, if you’re already very experienced in the Tarot you are unlikely to find the course very useful.
There’s an optional test at the end of the course to see how well you’ve done, but there’s no certificate or qualification awarded.
We use Joan Bunning’s “Learning the Tarot” (available at http://www.learntarot.com) as the basis for our training. The course is purely based on the Tarot cards themselves. We don’t cover Astrology, Numerology, Kabbalah, or any similar subjects.
What will I gain?
- Develop your knowledge of Tarot in a friendly, supportive atmosphere.
- Plenty of practice in different reading techniques to improve your skills
What do I need to do to apply?
- Be a member of TABI. See our membership page for details.
- Currently be 18 years of age or more.
- A Rider Waite, or similar, Tarot deck. The Training Co-ordinator can advise on whether a particular deck would be suitable.
- Buy a copy of “Learning the Tarot” by Joan Bunning, or read the free downloadable online version here: www.learntarot.com
- Be able to commit a minimum of 2-4 hours a week to your study
- Check the forums. When a new course is about to start, there will be a thread in the TABI Cafe forum asking those interested to put down their names, and explaining the required conditions for joining it. We try to accept as many students as possible, but we reserve the right to decline applications if the course if over-subscribed or if we don’t think that the course is suitable for you.
Please note that you cannot take the training course and the mentoring scheme to become endorsed as a TABI Free Reader at the same time. If you join the course and decide to apply for mentoring you will need to either wait until you have finished the course, or leave the course early.
We are indebted to Joan Bunning for granting permission to use her LearnTarot.com course.